Other Forms of Enrichment
At Styal Primary School, we believe that every child should experience the world beyond the classroom as an essential part of learning and personal development, whatever their age, ability or circumstances. These are often the most memorable learning experiences and help children to make sense of the world around them.
As well as experiences in Forest School, educational visits, residentials and visitors to school, we also have:
- Reception Nativity
- Key Stage 1 Christmas Production
- Year 5 / 6 Production at the end of the Summer term
- Year 3 / 4 singing Carols on the Cobbles for local residents and families
- Our annual Styal Family Walk - this aims to promote community links and bring families together in a physically activity. It also supports our emotional health and wellbeing - a cause close to our hearts here at Styal Primary School
- Activities run by Parents of Styal such as discos, film nights, fairs, creative activities
- Year 6's Graduation Ceremony
- Being involved in important days such as Odd Socks Day to promote equality, Remembrance Day in Styal Village with the community, our huge Jubilee celebrations in 2022
- We encourage children to make a positive contribution - giving back to local worthy causes. We take part in Macmillan's Coffee Morning, Cheshire Hospice's Reindeer Dash, donate our harvest collections to a local food bank and Year 5 / 6's financial lessons had impact with their 'Grow a £' initiative in 2022.
- Welly Walks - for example, reception class may walk around the local area looking for numbers and shapes in the environment
In 2022 - 23, we plan to introduce further activities to promote a sense of community:
- Our school choir singing at a christmas coffee morning in the school hall for local residents
- The choir also singing at the Village Christmas Light Switch On