Sharing our Learning with Families
At Styal Primary School, we believe it is essential to develop strong partnerships with home if our children are to achieve their full potential. Parents / carers and school working together as partners can only increase pupil achievement and help to develop positive attitudes about self and school.
We make every effort to ensure parents / carers are well informed about their children's progress.
Parents can expect:
- Two parent consultations (individual meetings with your child's class teacher) in the Autumn and Spring terms to discuss progress and attainment.
- An appointment can also be arranged at the end of the Summer term to discuss End of Year Reports.
- An annual written report on children's progress and attainment.
- Year 2 and Year 6 parents receive information on SATs test performance (Standard Assessment tests).
- Outcomes Mornings each term - we invite families to take part in activities around a specific area of the curriculum so they can find out how their children learn at school.
- Termly Open mornings - families are invited into school for an informal visit to classes. The visitors get to see learning in children's books, on Learning Walls and have a chance to speak to teachers.
- Suggested quality texts for their children to read. This is shared on the website in each of the class pages (Bookflix).
- Curriculum information for subjects via the 'Curriculum' tab on the website.