Midday Assistant -11.45am to 1.15pm
We are looking for people to help our children have an enjoyable lunch time. Duties include helping children with their lunch, playing games with the children and setting up equipment for them to use.
If you are interested, please phone the school office and speak to Miss Nolan or click on the information below.
A Job Opportunity in our School Kitchen with Mellors
CATERING ASSISTANT (1362)
Mellors Catering Services is the first choice contract caterer in the north for catering in the business, industry and education sectors.
Our Mission is: Top quality service and food create happy and successful people
Hours Per Week: 10hrs Permanent Position
Working Weeks: 38 weeks, 4.2 holiday weeks
Basic hourly rate: £9.50, equated rate £7.71
Accountable To: Catering Manager
Required to wear uniform as per company guidelines
As a Catering Assistant your overall role is to assist in the unit as directed by the Catering Manager ensuring a successful catering operation on a daily basis. The ideal candidate will have experience in cooking responsibilities. The responsibilities are shared within the team and include preparing food, serving customers, cleaning duties, storing all utensils and crockery in the correct areas, maintaining the efficient running of the kitchen and using kitchen equipment e.g. dishwashing machine.
Maintain high standards and ensure all kitchen surfaces (including walls and floors) and equipment are kept clean to minimise the risk of accidents and maintain high standards of hygiene.
• Basic preparation of food and simple cooking
• Serving meals ensuring correct portion control
• Serving customers in a polite and friendly manner
• Cleaning kitchen, its surrounds and equipment
• General kitchen duties e.g. washing up, wiping tables
• Using the equipment as directed by Catering Manager
• Preparation of dining area
• Ensure food hygiene and health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times
• Adhere to existing and new working practices, methods, procedures and respond positively to new and alternative systems
• Taking an active part in any unit sales promotions
• Promote healthy eating to our customers
• Ensure policies and procedures are understood and complied with e.g. safeguarding procedures for school environments
• Participate in training and development
• Supporting the Catering Manager ensuring all tasks are completed by the end of each day
• Carry out ad hoc duties as directed by Catering Manager
• Ability to cook
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to promote a welcoming environment to our customers
• Polite and friendly
• Work well under pressure
• Basic understanding of food hygiene would be advantageous
• Experience of working with food previously is desirable
• Neat and tidy in appearance
• A ‘can do’ attitude, prepared to assist the rest of the team
An enhanced DBS check will be applicable for school sites.
Please send CV to Wayne via email email@example.com“