A great addition to our enrichment offer is our annual Year 6 visit to a fantastic activity centre. Robinwood, Dobroyd Castle, is set high up on the Todmorden Moors. The children stay in an historic grade two listed building set in 17 acres of grounds. This amazing setting is just the start - our three day stay is a great opportunity to support children to develop our school values and positive character traits.
The aim of Styal's visit is to:
- have fun
- improve children's resilience
- create opportunities for team work
- build confidence
- offer opportunity to explore and try out new activities
- allow children to step outside their 'comfort zone' and challenge themselves in an unfamiliar, but safe environment
Why do we choose Robinwood?
- At Robinwood, safety is a priority. The staff are exceptional. They areknowledgeable, caring and motivational...we keep the same group leader for all three days. This allows us to build relationships. Throughout our visit, we feel supported...this includes during activities but also continually throughout the night by the night staff.
- There is never any 'down time'. Activity runs into activity and this ensures that children continue to be active, hapy and challenged for the full time we are there. This also offers great values for money.
- Activities challenge our minds as well as our bodies. There are three problem solving areas - Quest, Dungeon and Piranha Pool.
- We carry out the activities with the amazing backdrop of the Todmorden Moors. Being outside supports our emotional wellbeing too.
- Giant Swing
- Raft Building
- Crate Challenge
- Zip Wire
When asked about highlights of their time at Styal Primary School, Year 6 talk enthusiastically of their visit to Robinwood. This makes our visit worthwhile.