Helping Your Child
Home and school are the two most powerful influences on children and only by working together can we ensure children get the best education.
Please help us by:
- Talking to your child about school work. Show your child that you are interested and want them to do well.
- Seeing that your child comes to school well rested, in good time and having had breakfast. We offer a Breakfast Club from 7.45am each day and all children are very welcome to attend. Please speak to the school office if you would like to book a place for your child.
- Making sure your child comes to school dressed in the correct uniform - no trainers please. Please see uniform information under the 'Office' tab on the website.
- Children can wear their PE kit on PE days. This consists of a yellow t-shirt (Monkhouse supply yellow t-shirts with the school logo but a logo is not essential), black shorts and trainers. No football kits or different coloured t-shirts from home please. Black plain tracksuits can be worn in the colder months.
- Encouraging your child to read at home and completing the reading record system.
- Encouraging completion of homework activities such as reading, Times Table Rock Stars and Spelling Shed activities.
The headteacher and staff are always available to give advice, provide reassurance or suggest ways in which you can help your child at home. If you have any worries about progress, please don't hesitate to ask.